Thursday 3 March 2011

Fairy Godmother Spell Book Tutorial

Good Evening,

Let's not talk about the length of time I've been AWOL shall we? I suppose I have to just face it, life gets in the way every now and again (well, most of the time actually). I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't know how people keep up with it. I'm going to try though (and I've said that before, haven't I?).

Tonight I thought I would show you how I made the Fairy Godmother Spell Book for the Panto that we (The South Bank PLayers) put on in January. I LOVED making it, and I thought it would make a great addition to a children's themed party. It was so easy to make. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it!Here's Sue (the Evil Queen) and Me (Fairy Liquid!) just before the last performance!



This is photo heavy but pictures say a thousand words!

Firstly, I chose a book - I wanted a reasonably big one, but one that wasn't too heavy as we had to hold and act at the same time - talk about multi tasking! My book about Titanic was perfect.

 So I removed the dust cover, and replaced with an A3 size of Green paper - which JUST fit!

I then applied distress inks in Walnut Stain and Pine Needles with a dry baby wipe around the edges to give an old, well used look.

After this I applied Precious Metals (docrafts) and gold pigment ink with a new but still dry baby wipe to the edges of the book, don't forget the spine!

This is just before I embellished the book with the letters...

And this is after! The corner embellishments are Papermania Bare Basic Chipboard shapes which I have painted with Precious Metals in Gold, and the the letters are Papermania Gold glitter chipboard letters. The white lettering is BasicGrey, and I also added a Papermania Gemstone Stickers Crown, and Mosaic Gems.

Hope you like it - I don't know what I'm going to do with it now, but I know it will grow old with me! That's all for tonight!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Clare just found your blog I have only been blogging a few months so still finding my way around. How do you fit everything into one day love the tutorial and how easy you make it look haven't been over docrafts in a while but will soon anyway become a follower of your blog now
Jacki xx

Sarpreet said...

welcome back, love your book and style. Fabulous