Friday 16 December 2011

A little bit of Sir Tim

And now for something for completely different...

I LOVED doing the Tim Holtz hours on Create and Craft. You know, not just liked - LOVED. The way I love Vanilla slices and such (please, don't get confuddled - the ones with custard, not cream). I loved being able to play with techniques, inks, embellishments and getting properly messy - the kind of messy which meant that the ink on my fingers wouldn't wash off for days. Yum!


After saying all that - I don't think the making of this card involved any inking whatsoever, but you can't have everything! It did involve stitching though, as you can see, and thoroughly enjoyable it was too! The stickers are from the Crowded Attic collection, and the papers are from the Vintage Shabby paper pack.


This card was made using a circle card blank {no...really?} distressed with ink, I think probably Old Linen and Walnut Stain {although I can't be sure - it was some time back} The resist kraft cardstock was coloured with Fired Brick distress stain, and the glassine paper was used to make the flower and the small circular background. I also applied mica powder to the flower for extra distressed blinginess! The ribbon is just to die for!


This card uses the glass look flat backed gems coloured with alcohol inks, with added pearl adornments. I've also made an alcohol background, and used tissue tape (love tissue tape!!!) to add interest to the background. The letters are from the Newsprint selection from Tim Holtz. Papers again are Vintage Shabby.

Hope you like! Thanks for visiting!



1 comment:

Sarpreet said...

and we have enjoyed watching you on the Tim Holtz hours because I really did not think that was your style. But you proved me wrong. Clare Curd can tackle anything!

I have found that cheap shampoo and a good scrub with a green scourer can get rid of the stains of the distress inks. A while ago, i heard that Tim Holtz was releasing a cleaning product - not sure if that ever happened. But supermarkets own brand shampoos do the trick!