Wednesday 27 April 2016

Desk Tidy Bin and Pin Cushion

Hi Everyone!

Today I thought I'd share something completely different with you! I had a day off prepping for shows on Monday so thought I would do some sewing. I haven't done any for ages so I had to scrabble around to find everything, particularly material!

I had wanted to make a desk tidy bin for ages, but never had the time to get around to it, so this was my opportunity. Because I'm not experienced at sewing I had a look on the internet for a pattern to use and I found this one from Etsy.

It was really easy to make once I got used to the way the pattern was written, and surprisingly it used only a small amount of material. I decided to make two at the same time as I had my machine out, so why not!


The material is from Ikea (you see, good for furniture, storage AND material!) and it was a small piece I had so I must've got from the off cuts section. I used a neutral colour for the lining, and I used ribbon for the strips that hold the bag to the pin cushion. 


The pin cushion is filled with rice (pudding rice) to be exact, and is a good weight to hold it on my desk. 



I'll use it for scraps of paper and my backings from double sided tape etc for when I can't be bothered to turn around and throw bits in the bin on an ad hoc basis. 

I can see me making many of these :) when I have time of course!




1 comment:

MiamiKel said...

This is darling :) Very creative!